Wednesday, November 20, 2013

19 weeks, Coffee, Sleeping Arrangements...

19 weeks people! About 20 more! It's going to fly with lots going on at least through the end of December. We have Thanksgiving next week, my sister coming home from Argentina (where's she's been for about a YEAR!), then we have the fun month of December with all the holiday fun that that entails. I'm excited to be distracted for the next month so I'm not constantly thinking about my baby to-do list.

Coffee finally tastes somewhat normal and good to me now! I tried it on a whim yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Cyan has done a number on my taste buds! I'm still not craving any sugar really which is part of the reason I was avoiding coffee and tea. The only sugary thing that still tasted good to me was chocolate milk. I like enjoying a warm cup of coffee, but I'm not going to go crazy with it. I don't need the extra sugar in my diet.

I realized that we have to move Rya out of the crib before Cyan comes. We were planning on just borrowing or buying a second crib. However with the c-section I can't lift Rya for 6-8 weeks possibly more depending on pain. Bryan will be around before and after work but I can't put her in or take her out of her crib for naps. My mom and mother-in-law will be around to help, but I think it's too much to expect someone to be here everyday for nap time. We are planning on buying her a twin mattress and just putting it on the floor for now while she gets used to sleeping in a big bed. Rya still loves for me to rock her to sleep. Not Daddy, me. So this is also an issue we are going to be working through. We have time but it also stresses me out!

We were going to give up our big room for the girls to share and we still might but last night we started entertaining the idea of keeping our room. We just really like it. Cyan will be with us for a couple months (I'm assuming) so the extra space would be nice anyway. Plus our kids don't spend an overwhelming amount of time in their rooms other than sleeping.

I was going to include more in this post but my kids are done cooperating with Mommy's computer time. Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I lost all my bloglines and am just now getting around to catching up with everyone's lives, so sorry for not commenting in forever! and, if it makes you feel better, I have a 3.5yo who is still on a crib mattress on a plywood and 2x4frame. We'll get him a twin mattress and real frame one of these days...lol.

    ReplyDelete