Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hair Follow-up/TOMORROW!!!

So a quick follow up on my hair. I washed my hair last night again with just baking soda and water. I think I used too much baking soda- I ended up dumping some down the drain because I didn't need it. Then again I used a pea sized amount of regular conditioner afterwards. I will not be repeating that step again. I think that is the cause of the weird texture- the slight greasy feeling my hair has. My hair feels thicker and is really knotty to play with but i can brush it out just fine and put it up when needed. Next time I wash it I'm going to make the conditioning rinse with apple cider vinegar and water. Between now and then or at least right before I might add a little bit of coconut oil to my hair- a little bit can act as a conditioner. A lot and it's a mask. I want to try both.


TOMORROW!!! Is my 18 weeks sonogram. We get to see baby and hopefully find out what we are having. I'm super excited but also nervous. I always get nervous ahead of time until I know that baby is right on track and doesn't have anything developmentally wrong/challenging. Once we are in the clear for all of that I relax and enjoy it more. I'm feeling more movement these days- not necessarily more in amount but more as in strength. One kick or punch this morning really surprised me!! I LOVE this part of pregnancy!!!

Can't wait to announce what we are having and the name we have chosen!! :D

1 comment:

  1. I switched to no poo when pg with my first. tough transition, to be sure!! Eventually I settled with: 1)no conditioner at all. ever. sometimes a little coconut oil or smoothing creme if it's looking dry. 2) my own recipe for shampoo: 1/4c dr. bronners, 1/3c baking soda, water to the top and whatever essential oils I want. keeps in the bottle in the shower, shake before use. 3) I ended up quitting the vinegar totally, i never could get it right. my mom, on the other hand, LOVES her vinegar rinse.

    I'm interested to know how the transition goes for you! It took me months to finally love my hair again. 8 years later, I'd never go back to my former routine. Now, if only I could convince the H to switch!

    ReplyDelete