Friday, December 6, 2013

This Week/Random

This has been a crazy week. I don't even know where it went!

Monday Bryan had off but was in bed most of the day trying to beat a cold. We went to a super Walmart in the evening to get out of the house and to stock up on some groceries. :) Hmm I love me some groceries!!

Tuesday felt like Monday since it was the first day Bryan was back to work since before Thanksgiving. The kids and I just chilled at home. We played and cleaned up a little bit and just relaxed. I made beef stew for dinner- it was good but needs more meat next time. I'm freezing the leftovers so I can get more meat and add it in the future. If anything it would be great as a puree for the baby when the time comes...if I can even keep it that long.

Wednesday was a repeat of Tuesday. I was extra tired so I laid low. Bryan went to church in the evening to help out with graphics. I love when he does that- it feeds the creative drive he has and he's so much happier when that need it met!!

Yesterday was amazing. It was the busiest day in a really long time but awesomely so. In the am I took Bryan to work (we were out of the house at 745) and then went straight to Co-op (homeschool co-op at my church where I teach the preschool class). It was a fun morning. The kids had a lot of energy which balanced my lack of energy. Then we came home ate lunch and napped. After naps we hung out for an hour (kids hung out, I got ready, packed a bag for the kids and made an ice cream cake) and then left to go pick up Bryan from work. From there we headed to my older brother's house where we hung out and anxiously awaited the arrival of my parents with my younger sister, Sarah, who has been in Argentina for the last year. It was a great night and we had a blast hanging out with family. The kids handled the busy day really well and went to bed pretty easily.

Randomness:
I am 21 weeks now. When did that happen????? This pregnancy is flying- which at this point I love because I'm starting to get uncomfortable (probably because this is my 3rd baby in 4 years??). But I also hate it because I have to stuff to do and I am having a hard time finding the time to get it done! I have a few projects I need to get done for Christmas- the biggest one being making the kids blankets. But then there's a few projects that need to get done before Cyan comes and I usually can't think of much else until that happens.

Cyan is getting more active now. I love it!!! She's exploring all the space she has (aka not punching my bladder AS much).

Titus was talking to her last night and rubbing my belly. It was such a precious moment. He's such a great big brother (when he remembers to be gentle). I'm excited to see him with the baby. He's so protective of Rya, which I love! I want him to be protective of his sisters.

Rya will acknowledge there is a baby in my belly but she doesn't really get it. She's such a little mother and so the majority of her present for Christmas this year revolve around babies. She's going to be such a big help, once she gets over the shock of a new little person living in our house. I'm slightly concerned about how well she will do, but other than talking about it or reading books, there isn't much we can do but pray. She's used to snuggling with Mommy whenever she wants and while I'm recovering that will be really hard to do.

Titus is coming into our room SOOO much at night. Wednesday night was 5 times. Last night was 4. I don't know why he wakes up and comes in our room. It drives me crazy because lately he wakes me up every single time so I'm getting really broken sleep which sucks. He used to be more stealthy and I'd wake up to pee and he would be there. He actually fell out of his bed last night, for the first time ever. But he was easy to get back down.

Rya slept through the night for 3 nights and then last night was up twice. I don't know if it was a temperature thing or dreams or what. She's easy to get back down but once again more broken sleep for me.

I'm trying to keep reminding myself that this is all just a season of motherhood. Not all seasons are as exhausting. God is good and gets me through each day and thankfully for now both kids still nap in the afternoon so I can too. And I have an understanding husband who doesn't care if I go to bed right after the kids do.

Goals for this weekend:
-Possibly get our tree up and decorated (other house decorations too)
-Laundry- wash the dirty and put away the clean
-Clean up random clutter spots
-Any other cleaning we might have energy for
-Get Rya a twin mattress and start her transition to a big girl bed

Here's some random pics from a few months ago that I love!!







No comments:

Post a Comment