Friday, November 15, 2013

And the Name Is...

I had my 18 week sonogram this past Wednesday. I was so nervous leading up to it as I have been in the past with sonograms that there was going to be a problem or something. However baby looks good! Cooperated with the needed measurements and moved around enough to be cute but wasn't a psychotic break dancer like Titus.

Baby cooperated for us to find out the gender too!! I'm super excited to announce we are having a GIRL!! Her name is Cyan (sigh-ann) Mercy. Cyan is the specific shade of blue from the primary color wheel. This was a name Bryan has loved since before we ever had kids. I picked Mercy for the middle name because I always thought it would be awesome to have two girls with the middle names of Grace and Mercy. But also because I want her to always be reminded of God's mercy on her and to have mercy on others.

I do have to admit was originally disappointed when we were told it was a girl. I don't know why but I have a weird attachment to the boy baby clothes I have and I wanted a chance to use them again. We also decided on the name Lincoln if it was a boy and I absolutely love that name and really wanted to use it. I even tried rationalizing using it for Cyan. BUT it is a really masculine name. I still think it's awesome and would have used it if Bryan would have been on board. But as time goes on I am sooo super excited to have another daughter. Granted the thought of two girly-girl teenagers makes me want to cry. I'm so not girly, but I can learn! Titus is an amazing big brother (when he isn't fighting evil monsters that are of course Rya without her knowing about it :)  ). I'm excited to teach him to be a leader and protector for his sisters. He already shows a lot of protective qualities and I LOVE it!!

The sonogram showed I have a low lying placenta- which means the placenta ends less than 2cm from my cervix. This could be a problem if I was going to have a vaginal delivery, but I'm not. It could also be a problem if the placenta was in the front of my uterus where the doctor would have to cut for the c-section. BUT the placenta is in the back so my doctor is 100% not concerned and is even happy about where it is.

I gained 4 pounds since my last appt...2 WEEKS AGO!!! I'm not happy about that!! BUT I don't think I've really been eating bad so I can't really complain. I could be more active but I usually have the attitude of I'm going to gain what I gain. When pregnant with Titus I LOVED desserts. I could pack those things away! And with Rya I barely ate any! But I gained about the same with Rya as with Titus. So I think I'm pretty destined to gain roughly about 35ish pounds. I am going to try being more active this time around but if that doesn't work I'm not going to cry about it. I will gain what I gain.

Okay I'm off to battle with the clutter upstairs. Here's a pic of Cyan's cuteness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment