Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

I have to admit that I always succumb to the fad of making "New Years Resolutions" and I always fail. I resolve to "be a better" whatever and I don't see the changes I want as fast as I want and so I lose motivation and focus and I quit. I see myself as a failure at whatever the attempt was and I pout until I have enough gumption to try it again. The problem was I was attempting all this separate from Christ. I was trying to do it on my own and every time I failed miserably! You would think I would catch on sooner, but I can be pretty stupid and I am very stubborn. Praise God He is patient and loving and will never give up on me! I'm so thankful for His loving reminder that He has things He wants to change in my life and that with Him I can do it.

Instead of listing a bunch of changes for my life, I am making a list of goals for this year. With each goal will come *a lot* of changes- some harder than others. I don't want my mindset to be in checklist format in this area. I don't want these changes to be just something I try to get done and forget about later. I want them to be lasting. If I'm reaching for a goal the changes will have to remain in order to attain that goal.

My goals for 2011:
Grow in my walk with God: daily time with God, fellowship with other believers, Scripture memorization
Grow in my role as a wife: study what God says about my role, read books and blogs that are helpful, find a mentor (older woman of faith), remember to keep this relationship higher on my priority list than Titus
Grow in my role as a mom: seek God's wisdom in raising Titus, read books (and blogs) for ideas and principles
Learn how to keep a house more effectively: read through and idea book from my mom, blogs, hanging out with my mom
Learn more about cooking and branch out with trying new recipes: blogs, recipe websites
Try to be more consistent with this blog and sharing my experiences (this is a minor one, but still one I would like to work on)

What are your goals for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment