Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall Circles

I had a burst of energy today. Super surprising as with the time change my kiddos have been getting up at 5 and 6 instead of 6 and 7. None the less the energy was there and I knew the best thing to use it towards was Titus.

We are in a hard stage where he pushes the boundaries A LOT and gets told "No" A TON. I'm excited that he's strong willed and a leader (man that kid is bossy!) and I'm trying to learn how to nurture those characteristics and it's hard, dang it!

Titus enjoys a good craft here or there and usually I am lazy and just give him paper and crayons. But thanks to blogs like Intentional Homeschool (Intentional Toddler Time- this is the place to find the older blog posts but now LeighAnn and Nikki use Intentional Homeschool) I have gotten a lot of ideas on easy things that I could and should be doing with Titus.

So today I decided that I would branch out a little and go beyond just crayons and paper. I picked up construction paper from the store the other day and we busted that thing open! I gave Titus a piece of paper to color on first, because of course I'm flying by the seat of my pants and said something about a fun craft before having said craft supplies ready. So he colored while I traced and cut out circles. I was going to use more colors but I figured we would stick to fall colors today. I traced circles from both ends of a cup to give him different sizes. He noticed the size difference without me saying anything (GO TI!) because I forgot to mention that detail. I can't even remember if I talked about the shape itself. Oh well I'm learning here. He knew they were circles so it wasn't a fail.

Here's how it turned out!








NOTE: I need glue sticks so he can glue himself. Part way through there was a melt down because I'm a mean mommy and wouldn't let him have the glue. :o)




2 comments:

  1. glue solution: a little glue in a cup and a paintbrush. Cut half the brush handle off for ease of use.

    strong willed kids are exhausting!! I have at least one, and boy oh boy am I glad I'm not a pushover because there'd be footprints on my back from being walked all over. keep strong, mama! you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em! That is a good idea for the glue. I'm thinking about introducing scissors this week. Haven't made my mind up yet on that one...I might just stick to ripping for now.

    Thanks for the encouragement too! It IS exhausting! But being strong willed isn't a totally bad thing. I just need to learn how to nurture it. I want Titus to be a strong leader- but not of me! :)Ya know?

    ReplyDelete