Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Teething and the Gospel

Titus is teething. He's crabby, clingy, biting and chewing on everything, at times running a low-grade fever, congested with a horrible cough. (There is a huge potential for Ti also having a cold- but I like blaming his issues on those teeth!). :) Ti already has the two bottom teeth. He cut them both in about two weeks and it was barely noticeable. Not so for these top teeth! They are slowly working their way down through his gums and the poor guy is miserable! I get lots of cuddles, which I love but I can't take the pain away.

God reminded me of the Gospel when I was thinking about Ti's teething. This world isn't right. It's full of pain, and teething is just one other example of that. Praise God this is not my real home! I have hope in Christ. This season of mommyhood has reminded me of what's really important and what I want Titus to learn about Jesus. I want him to realize his need for a Savior at an early age and to fall in love with Him. I want to see Titus live his life to serve God and not himself.

Watching Ti be in pain sucks, but I'm so grateful for the reminder it serves and how it points me attention to the Gospel.

picture of teeth to come...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment