Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sewing, Crocheting+, crafts galore!

When I was a kid I enjoyed sewing so my dad would set side his socks that had holes and I would fix them. I remember digging through the bottom drawer of his dresser to find socks to fix. I also took sewing machine lessons when was younger- I made some pretty cool stuff on some crazy machines!

Over the years my sewing projects have mostly been hemming pants (when I'm not being lazy) and fixing buttons. Recently, however, I have rediscovered my love for sewing projects. I made a Moby Wrap and nursing cover. I have a bag full of cut up wash clothes that need to be hemmed so they will stop shedding. I also am going to take a bunch of t-shirts that I have an emotional attachment to (sad I know- but they're camp t-shirts) and make a quilt.

nursing cover (which Titus hates)

cut up wash clothes that I will hem and use as wipes

T-shirts for quilt


I also love to crochet! I picked it up a couple years ago and haven't stopped! I am a boring crochet-er, though. I have only made blankets- lots and lots of blankets. Some day I'm sure I will branch out and make something else, but for now crocheting neat lines over and over is my thing.


Titus' blanket 

a blanket for Titus' sister (if he ever has one)

current project

No comments:

Post a Comment