Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Rya's a Big Girl!!

Rya is a big girl. I'm denial that she will be two in about two months. It's insane how fast time is flying!!

Cyan will be here in about four months so we needed to get Rya out of the crib and into a regular bed. We got her a twin mattress from my MIL's house and some butterfly sheets (courtesy of my mom). The room isn't in it's final set up for when Cyan comes, but it's works for now while Rya gets used to sleeping in a different bed. 

Rya is gated into her room just so there's very little chance she will fall down the stairs if she wakes up in the middle of the night. She actually is pretty awesome at stairs, but I'm not willing to chance it. Because she's not stuck in a bed, she wakes up happy. I love waking up to "Momma!" rather than hysterical crying like something is wrong. 

Rya started the first night with a pillow, but when I went to bed she wasn't using it and almost falling off her bed avoiding it. She used the pillow the second night.

The bump on the side is a rolled up blanket to help keep her in bed. A pool noodle also works but I don't have one at the moment.

I can't believe my baby is so big. I love and hate it at the same time. It's awesome to watch her figuring stuff out or listening to her talk with these words she suddenly knows and can put into small sentences. Each season with my kiddos is awesome. It has it's challenges but overwhelmingly it's amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment