Friday, September 2, 2011

Re-commitment

Re-commitment is the theme of my life these days.

Recommitting to keeping my priorities straight, to my family, to my walk with God, to this blog, to my interests.

I have been way to self-absorbed to get anything right lately. Even if on the outside it looks like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing my thoughts and my attitude have sucked (for lack of a better word). I have been my first priority and whenever that happens everything always gets messed up. I haven't been spending time with God at all lately and have found it really hard, although rewarding, to get back into it. I have had no real desire to blog because I couldn't come up with anything to say. I have become a blob that does nothing but sit around in my spare time. It's really pathetic, but thankfully through God and a few loving friends I've been convicted and working on changing things around.

My first priority is God. Spending time with Him- which is still a struggle- needs to happen on a daily basis and for me preferably in the morning. Mornings work best for me- it helps set the tone for my day and helps me have the right attitude. There are also many verses that talk about meeting with God in the morning. Psalm 143:8 is one of those verses that I memorized many years ago. Mornings don't work for everyone and that's totally fine. It's the best time for me and the biggest challenge for me.

Second priority- family. But, most importantly my husband. I have made the mistake of letting Titus become more of a priority than Bryan and that is a huge no-no! It's hard to keep it straight, especially when you take care of a baby 24-7, but I'm committed to figuring it out. There will be lots of Bible study, reading, and seeking counsel from wise, Christian women in this area. The Bible is clear- the husband comes before children- I've messed that up big time and I'm paying the consequences. However, with God's love and grace I am forgiven and He is renewing my mind and helping me make better choices and to choose to keep Bryan top priority over the kid. :)

Third priority is getting back to my interests (this blog included). I love reading blogs and writing one myself and I have let a lot of that go and have just turned into a bum. No more!! I can't say that I will be so faithful as to write everyday, but I really want to write as much as I can and to keep up with the blogs that I follow.

I love sewing and I have a few projects lined up that I would love to get moving on so that is on the to-do list. Some of those projects are: nursing pads, maternity pants, quilt, and draw string bag. I also have a pile of clothes that need to be mended.

And I'm committing to getting back to my "crunchy" research and trying new things. I decided way back to make my own detergent because it saves money and because I know what the ingredients are. I am looking into trying soap nuts because that is even a more natural version than the detergent I make. I also decided to use cloth diapers because once again it saves money and also there are no chemical in a cloth diaper that come in contact with my son's skin. I have been very lazy with the cloth diapers and been spending way too much money on disposables. No more of that! I use disposables for night time (Ti pees a lot at night and I haven't figured out a way to make cloth work) and for outings (like shopping or church) and babysitters. I'm also getting into learning how to cook more with "real" food and trying to stay away from processed stuff. I don't have my own kitchen so that it a little harder, but I'm learning all I can now so I can apply it when I do have my own kitchen. I've also been reading lots and lots on the "no-poo" method (no shampoo) and other things like that. I'm not really ready to try it- mostly because I love the smell of shampoo and probably because I'm lazy.

So anyway- I'm recommitting to the things that matter and the things that make life worth it and enjoyable. And as a thank you for reading this massive post here are some pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment