Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Choices

I've been thinking about choices lately, namely the choices that I make on a daily basis. I have a close friend who was an excellent encouragement to me yesterday on this topic. She has two kids under two and they are both really sick with influenza A. She's not getting much sleep and most likely feels like a zombie a lot. However, yesterday she chose to make some amazing choices. She chose to cling to God and still enjoy her kids. That can be hard to do when everything is going great. It's especially difficult when you are so exhausted you don't feel remotely normal.

So today I'm taking that encouragement to heart. I've had some crappy nights of sleep. And I'm far from a delightful person when I'm exhausted. I tend to be the mean mommy who just wants to be left alone. I struggle with choosing to look past my exhaustion to God who can provide anything I need. He can provide me with patience and strength to do my day well.

Today I choose to enjoy my kids. If that that means ignoring my to-do list so I can just focus on them then so be it. I'm fine with spending the day playing with them, watching them, reading to them. They deserve a mommy who enjoys them. Not one who seems constantly annoyed because she can't look past how tired she is.

It's going to be a struggle. But I know my God is on my side and He will give me what I need to Mommy well!

No comments:

Post a Comment