Thursday, April 19, 2012

Challenge of 2

I always expected challenges with having two kids. I figured Rya would be a super cranky baby that never slept or she would be perfect and Titus would turn into a monster. BUT when we first brought Rya home she was awesome and Titus was even better! He didn't care that Rya nursed a lot therefore making my lap unavailable. He just played with his toys or watched Barney. Rya seemed to be pretty easy going. She slept A LOT! And when she was awake she was happy. Now things have changed!! Rya started having a lot of trouble with gas and going down for naps. And of course at the same time Titus decided he needs my attention whenever Rya does. And when he doesn't get it? Oh man! He turns into a crabby, crying, tantrum throwing boy. God is amazing though and by His grace we are surviving. I'm going to try getting a special box of toys for Titus to play with when I need to do something with Rya. Not sure what else to try. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

1 comment:

  1. there are websites geared for toddlers...I used those a little. hard when their tech skills are zilch. Also, lots of book time while baby is on the lap. Also, food. Also, special toys like you said. maybe ones that use his brain in different ways. Also, baby carriers for baby. Also, go outside. Also, daddy gets special older kid time when he's available. Also, counter-intuitive as it may seem...try alternating their naps so you can have one-on-one time. Also...um...running out of memories for what I did with cranky newborns and needy toddlers. prayer.

    ReplyDelete